2012 Can-Am League Organization-of-the-Year
Ovations Job Fair Set for April 27, 2:00 pm at Provident Bank Park
(Ramapo, NY) – Ovations Food Service, the official food and beverage provider of Provident Bank Park – the home of the Rockland Boulders, will be holding its annual job fair on Saturday, April 27, beginning at 2:00 pm on the concourse at the stadium in Pomona. Ovations will be looking to fill openings for the 2013 season in positions of Cashiers, Runners, Cooks, Expos, Dishwashers, and Supervisors. Those hired should be available to work starting in mid-May and Ovations provides concessions services for all Boulders home games and town events held at PBP.
Since Provident Bank Park opened in 2011, Ovations has been committed to providing a wide variety of menu options at reasonable prices with top-notch service, and this job fair offers an opportunity to join the “Team Behind the Team.” Applicanions will be accepted from those aged 17-and-older, however it is preferred that applicants be at least 18 as alcohol is served in the facility.
For more information, contact George McElroy at George.email@example.com.
While it is not required, in an effort to reduce waiting times, applications can download and fill out the attached forms to bring to the job fair. To download, visit www.rocklandboulders.com/contacts/opportunities or click here.
Rockland Boulders Job Openings
Join the Team Behind the Team!
Rockland Boulders Baseball Team Seeking New Team Members
(Ramapo, NY) - The Rockland Boulders are currently accepting resumes and applications for spring and summer positions.
(please check back as list is updated frequently)
Internship Opportunites Also Available - Click Here!
To sell the full menu of ticket programs including, but not limited to full and partial season ticket plans, as well as, group outings and food/beverage packages. The ideal candidate must be an aggressive, experienced sales professional who possesses the ability to grow an existing client base to its fullest potential. Candidate must have the ability to take a consultative approach in understanding client needs as they relate to company products and services. In addition to client development, this individual will be responsible for new business development through referrals, networking and relationships developed in tandem with group leaders and community organizations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct sales presentations to businesses, organizations and individuals in the Lower Hudson Valley and northern New Jersey.
• Coordinate and execute sales calls on potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and referrals from current customers.
• Attain individual and department sales goals as set by the Ticket Manager
• Manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, contacts and appointments
• Generate new business through area businesses and organizations
• Develop new group sales programs and special events
• Maintain accurate documentation of prospecting and sales activity
• In conjunction with the In-Game Entertainment and Facility Operations Departments, coordinate logistics and assist in the execution of group events on game days
• Visits prospects and customers during home games
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Ticket Manager
• A minimum of two (2) years work experience in sales and/or customer service. Proven ability to meet goals and work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent oral communication, customer service and problem solving skills.
• Ability to function in fast-paced environment, handles multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Proficient computer skills including experience with MS Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook as well as ability to learn and master new software programs.
• Consistent, punctual and regular attendance with a professional image and demeanor
• Ability to not only sell, but up-sell.
• Willingness and understanding of working long hours, including some holidays, evenings and weekends.
The Rockland Boulders have an immediate opening in our corporate partnership sales department. If you are someone who thrives in a competitive and fast paced environment, have a proven sales record and love SPORTS, this is the right opportunity to join a professional team. Individuals should be dynamic and passionate.
The Boulders are looking for seasoned sales professionals to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can develop new client relationships through a variety of means including networking and referrals from existing clients while having an innovative approach to client development and be a team player. This person will continually contact, develop and pursue direct advertising accounts and develop small business clients.
Responsibilities include soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling, managing and growing existing assigned accounts/budgets, identifying clients’ advertising needs and developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs. The candidate is also held accountable for achieving sales budgets and collecting on the accounts.
Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a commission based position thriving in a highly energetic sales environment - this job is the opportunity for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Contact prospective customers to sell in-ballpark exposure, hospitality, print, promotions, radio, tickets, etc.
· Maintain account lists while soliciting new business.
· Develop proposals utilizing MS office products.
· Prepare advertising proposals, promotional plans, and sales literature.
· Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service.
· Investigate and resolve customer challenges.
· Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in fulfilling contracts and arranging promotional events.
· Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts.
· Attend sales meetings, training sessions, and client remotes.
Applicants must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
While each of our employees is different than the next, all applicants will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
- Have 2+ years of sales experience.
- Be able to easily and effectively develop rapport with top-level executives.
- Be extremely self-motivated, have an entrepreneurial attitude, and a dynamic character.
- Have great negotiation skills and a fearless attitude.
Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment.
Executive Chef - Food and Beverage
- Ensures budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timings, food inventory rotation measures, receiving and food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, kitchen security procedures and waste control.
- Controls labor costs through effective scheduling of kitchen staff, cross-training and development of employees.
- Ensures that the purchasing and preparation of all food products meet Ovations’ standards of quality and consistency. Responsible for the development of menus, ensuring quality, consistency and style of concept are maintained. Monitors production of food preparation ensuring recipe specifications, portion controls and kitchen timings are met. Monitors all food served relative to appearance, temperature, sanitary and quality standards.
- Provides accurate costing on all menu items for banquets and concession food items.
- Supervises all line set-up, prep and breakdown activities. Responsible for in-service delegation of tasks to line personnel.
- Coordinates the storage, maintenance and repair of all kitchen equipment to ensure operational readiness.
- Assists with the delivery and set-up of catered services and food service areas as needed.
• Technical proficiency and experience demonstrating verifiable knowledge of food preparation methods.
• Ability to positively interact with diverse personalities, including co-workers, subordinates, guests and purveyors in a variety of work situations. Must have active listening and effective communication skills.
• Ability to develop results-oriented staff through effective training, evaluation, motivation, coaching and counseling. Ability to assist others in developing needed skills for effective job performance.
• Ability to positively distribute responsibility to others to meet objectives and achieve desired results.
• Ability to recognize problems and to creatively and expeditiously find solutions. Ability to set priorities and use initiative; solid decision-maker.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule; able and willing to work nights, weekends and long hours.
• Demonstrated and verifiable track record of meeting projected costs.
• Professional appearance and presentation required.
• Maintains a current Food Handler’s card .
• Working knowledge of employee scheduling in a hospitality environment.
• Ability to obtain and maintain certification in a nationally recognized sanitation program.